Returns Policy & Replacements (Business & Consumer)
- IntroductionWe understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us. We have created this 30 day returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances. This returns policy applies to customers in England and Wales/irrespective of your geographical location. This policy does not affect any statutory rights you may have (such as consumer rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000).
- ReturnsWhere you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:
(a) we receive the returned product within 30 days following the date of purchase of the product;
(b) the returned product is unused with any labels still attached and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new;
(c) you comply with the returns procedure set out below; and
(d) none of the exclusions set out below apply.
- Returns procedureProducts returned under this policy must be sent to: Fibrous, 299-305 Whitehorse Road, Croydon, CR0 2HR. You will be responsible for paying postage costs associated with returns under this policy.
- ExclusionsThe following kinds of products may not be returned under this policy:
(a) Used Urns or other used ashes containers
(b) any product made to your specification;
(c) any product made to order;
- RefundsWe will send you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy excluding the original delivery charges and including the costs of returning the product to us.
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your returned product.
- Improper returnsWhere you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):
(a) we will not refund or exchange the product;
(b) we may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product; and
(c) if we do not receive payment of such additional amount within 14 days of issuing a request for payment, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the returned product in our sole discretion without any liability to you.
- About usOur full name is Fibrous.
Our principal trading address is Suite 6A, Orient House, Newton Street, Hyde, Cheshire, SK14 4RY.
Our email address is email@example.com.
Privacy & Security
- IntroductionPlease read these terms of sale carefully. You will be asked to expressly agree to these terms of sale before you place an order for products from our website.
- InterpretationIn these terms of sale, “we” means Fibrous and “us” and “our” will be construed accordingly; and “you” means our customer or potential customer for products and “your” will be construed accordingly.
- Order processThe advertising of products on our website constitutes an “invitation to treat”; and your order for products constitutes a contractual offer. No contract will come into force between you and us unless and until we accept your order in accordance with the procedure detailed below.
In order to enter into a contract to purchase products from us, you will need to take the following steps:(i) you must add the products you wish to purchase to your shopping cart, and then proceed to the checkout; (ii) if you are a new customer, you must then create an account with us and log in; if you are an existing customer, you must enter your login details; (iii) once you are logged in, you must select your preferred method of delivery and confirm your order and your consent to these terms of sale; (iv) you will be transferred to the SagePay website, and SagePay will handle your payment; (v) we will then send you an initial acknowledgement; and (vi) once we have checked whether we are able to meet your order, we will either send you an order confirmation at which point your order will become a binding contract or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order.
We will not file a copy of these terms of sale specifically in relation to your order. We may update the version of these terms of sale on the website from time to time, and we do not guarantee that the version you have agreed to will remain accessible. We therefore recommend that you download, print and retain a copy of these terms of sale for your records.
The only language in which we provide these terms of sale is English.
Before you place your order, you will have the opportunity of identifying whether you have made any input errors by order summary. You may correct those input errors before placing your order by editing your order.
Payment, pricing & Promotions
Prices for products are quoted on our website. The website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that some of the prices on the website may be incorrect. We will verify prices as part of our sale procedures so that a product’s correct price will be stated on confirmation of order after you have placed the order.
In addition to the price of the products, you will have to pay a delivery charge, which will be as stated when you pay for the product.
Payment must be made upon the submission of your order. We may withhold the products and/or cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds.
The prices on the website include all value added taxes (where applicable).
Payment for all products must be made by credit card OR with Purchase Order Number.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
If you are a business customer, then from may agree to open an account for you, enabling you to pay in arrears. Where you hold an account, then upon or following the dispatch of products, we will send to you an invoice for payment of the price of those products, and you will pay such invoice within 30 days of the date of the invoice. Accounts will be subject to such credit limits as we may notify to you from time to time. If you do not pay any amount properly due to us under or in connection with these terms of sale on time, we may: charge you interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per year above the base rate of Lloyds TSB from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment, be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or claim interest and statutory compensation from you pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.]
If you dispute any payment made to us you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim. If you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within  days following the date of the charge-back: (i) an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back; (ii) all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (include charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer); (iii) an administration fee of GBP [amount] [(including VAT)]; and (iv) all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this paragraph (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees).
Without prejudice to our other rights, if you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back, then we may terminate any contracts between you and us under these terms of sale by giving you written notice of termination.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back.
- Your warrantiesYou warrant to us that:
(a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms of sale;
(b) the information provided in your order is accurate and complete; and
(c) you will be able to accept delivery of the products.
- Delivery policyWe will arrange for the products to be delivered to the address for delivery indicated in your order.
We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver products on or before the date for delivery set out in our order confirmation or, if no date is set out in our order confirmation, within 7 days of the date of our order confirmation. However, we cannot guarantee delivery by the relevant date. We do however guarantee that unless there are exceptional circumstances all deliveries of products will be dispatched within 30 days of the later of receipt of payment and the date of our order confirmation.
We will only deliver products within England and Wales.
- Risk and ownershipThe products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you upon the later of:
(a) delivery of the products; and
(b) receipt by us of full payment of all sums due in respect of the products (including delivery charges).
Until ownership of the products has passed to you, you will possess the products as our fiduciary agent and bailee, and if you are a business customer you must store the products separately from other goods and ensure that the products are clearly identifiable as belonging to us.
We will be entitled to recover payment for the products even where ownership has not passed to you.
- Consumers: returns policyThis Section applies to consumers, not business customers. If you are a business customer, the applicable returns policy is set out in Section .
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you may cancel a distance contract to purchase a product or products from us at any time within 7 working days after the day you received the relevant products or products (subject to the limitations set out below).
In order to cancel a contract in this way, you must give to us written notice of cancellation.
[You will not have any such right insofar as a contract relates to: (i) the supply of any products which constitute audio or video recordings or computer software which have been unsealed by you; (ii) the supply of products the price of which is dependent upon fluctuations in financial markets which we cannot control; (iii) the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines; (iv) the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised; or (v) the supply of goods which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.]
If you cancel a contract on this basis, you must promptly return the products to us, in the same condition in which you received them.
If you cancel a contract on this basis, you will be refunded in full (including the cost of sending the products to you). However, you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the product to us.
If you cancel a contract on this basis and you do not return the products to us, we may recover the products and charge you for the costs we incur in doing so. Similarly, if you return the products at our expense, we may pass that expense on to you.
- Consumers: statutory rightsIf you are a consumer, any statutory rights which you have, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by the terms of sale.
- Business customers: limitation of warrantiesThis Section applies only to business customers, not consumers.
We warrant to business customers that the products purchased from our website will:
(a) conform in all material respects to any applicable specification of such products published on our website / issued by us; and
(b) be free from material defects in materials and workmanship for a period of [1 year] from the date of delivery of the products.
These terms of sale set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the products supplied to business customers hereunder. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the first paragraph of Section , all conditions, warranties or other terms concerning the products which might otherwise be implied into a contract with a business customer under these terms of sale are expressly excluded.
- Business customers: returns policyThis Section applies to business customers, not consumers. If you are a consumer, the applicable returns policy is set out in Section . Products may only be returned to us with our prior agreement, at your expense, and according to our directions. Any products returned in contravention of this Section will not be the subject of any refunds or replacements and you will continue to be liable for payment of the price of such products. Where you return products to us in accordance with the provisions of this Section, and in our reasonable opinion those products do not conform with the warranties set out in Section , then you will be entitled to replacement products (where replacements are available) or, where we agree, a refund of the price paid in respect of those products (including all delivery charges).
- RefundsIf you cancel a contract and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation.
- Force majeureIn this Section and Section  below, “force majeure event” means:
(a) any event which is beyond our reasonable control;
(b) the unavailability of raw materials, components or products; and/or
(c) power failure, industrial disputes affecting any third party, governmental regulations, fires, floods, disasters, civil riots, terrorist attacks or wars.
Where a force majeure event gives rise to a failure or delay in us performing our obligations under these terms of sale, those obligations will be suspended for the duration of the force majeure event.
If we become aware of a force majeure event which gives rise to, or which is likely to give rise to, any failure or delay in us performing our obligations under these terms of sale, we will notify you forthwith.
We will take reasonable steps to mitigate the effects of the any force majeure event.
- Limitations and exclusions of liabilityNothing in the terms of sale will: (a) limit or exclude the liability of a party for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude the liability of a party for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by that party; (c) limit any liability of a party in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any liability of a party that may not be excluded under applicable law. If you are a consumer, any statutory rights which you have, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by the terms of sale.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section [and elsewhere in the terms of sale]: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; (b) govern all liabilities arising under the terms of sale or in relation to the subject matter of the terms of sale, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of a force majeure event.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, such as loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
If you are a business customer,]we will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
If you are a business customer,we will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a business customer, our aggregate liability to you under the terms of sale will not exceed the greater of: (a) £100; and (b) the total amount paid or (if greater) payable by you to us under the terms of sale.
- Business customers: indemnityIf you are a business customer, you hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against all and any liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal expenses and amounts paid in settlement of any demand, action or claim) arising, directly or indirectly, out of a breach by you of any of your obligations under these terms of sale.
- Contract cancellationWe may cancel a contract to supply products made under these terms of sale immediately by written notice to you if you fail to pay, on time and in full, any amount due to us under the contract, or commit any material breach of your obligations to us under the contract.
If you are a business customer, we may cancel a contract to supply products made under these terms of sale if:
(a) you cease to trade;
(b) you become insolvent or unable to pay your debts within the meaning of the insolvency legislation applicable to you;
(c) a person (including the holder of a charge or other security interest) is appointed to manage or take control of the whole or part of your business or assets, or notice of an intention to appoint such a person is given or documents relating to such an appointment are filed with any court;
(d) the ability of your creditors to take any action to enforce their debts is suspended, restricted or prevented, or some or all of your creditors accept, by agreement or pursuant to a court order, an amount of less than the sums owing to them in satisfaction of those sums; or
(e) any process is instituted which could lead to you being dissolved and your assets being distributed to your creditors, shareholders or other contributors (other than for the purposes of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction).
- Consequences of cancellationUpon the cancellation of a contract in accordance with Section :
(a) we will cease to have any obligation to deliver products which are undelivered at the date of cancellation;
(b) you will continue to have an obligation where applicable to pay for products which have been delivered at the date of cancellation (without prejudice to any right we may have to recover the products); and
(c) all the other provisions of these terms of sale will cease to have effect, except that Sections [8, 11, 12, 15, 16, 18 and 20] will survive termination and have effect indefinitely.
- Scope of these terms of saleThese terms of sale do not constitute or contain any assignment or licence of any intellectual property rights, do not govern the licensing of works (including software and literary works) comprised or stored in products, and do not govern the provision of any services by us or any third party in relation to the products.
Contracts under these terms of sale may only be varied by an instrument in writing signed by both you and us. We may revise these terms of sale from time-to-time, but such revisions will not affect the terms of any contracts which we have entered into with you.
If any provision of these terms of sale is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
No waiver of any provision of these terms of sale, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or any other provision of these terms of sale.
You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of our rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale, at any time – providing where you are a consumer that such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms of sale.
Each contract under these terms of sale is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under such contracts is not subject to the consent of any person who is not a party to the relevant contract.
Subject to the first paragraph of Section : these terms of sale contain the entire agreement and understanding of the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website, and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website; and each party acknowledges that no representations not expressly contained in these terms of sale have been made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the purchase of products from our website.
These terms of sale will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have [non-]exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms of sale.
Website Terms & Conditions
- IntroductionThese terms and conditions govern your use of our website; by using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
- These terms and conditionsThese terms and conditions were made using an SEQ Legal precedent created for HYPERLINK “http://www.template-contracts.co.uk/”http://www.template-contracts.co.uk and available on HYPERLINK “http://www.website-law.co.uk/”http://www.website-law.co.uk.
- Licence to use websiteUnless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
Unless authorised by Fibrous you must not:
(a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
(c) show any material from the website in public;
(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
(f) redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution such as our newsletter
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
- Acceptable useYou must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
- Restricted accessAccess to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential.
We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- User generated contentIn these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
[Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, our website.]
- Limited warrantiesWe do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
- Limitations and exclusions of liabilityNothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in these terms and conditions: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the terms and conditions or in relation to the subject matter of the terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- IndemnityYou hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions[, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions].
- Breaches of these terms and conditionsWithout prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
- VariationWe may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
- AssignmentWe may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- SeverabilityIf a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Exclusion of third party rightsThese terms and conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Law and jurisdictionThese terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- About usFibrous is a trading name of Rowland Brothers Trade Ltd. Our principal address is Orient House, Newton Street, Hyde, Cheshire SK14 4RY. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Our registered office address is Oak House, 5 Robin Hood Lane, Sutton, Surrey SM1 2SW. Company Number: 06883177. VAT Number GB 207 1736 27.